What you should know from the week of 03/10/22:
- One Good Thing: Ocean treaty!
- Norfolk Southern: After a spate of accidents and an NTSB investigation, Norfolk Southern offers weasel words instead of accountability;
- Ring Warrants: Ring surveillance cameras don't provide the advertised security of your home;
- Bar Breach: The NYC Bar Association was breached, in line with ransomware actors' push for more impactful tagets;
- DoD Pushback: The Department of Defense is the lone US holdout opposing sharing information on Russia war crimes with the International Criminal Court.
Nations have reached a historic agreement to protect the world's oceans following 10 years of negotiations.
The High Seas Treaty aims to help place 30% of the seas into protected areas by 2030, to safeguard and recuperate marine nature.
There is still a lot of work before it gets really implemented, but this is fantastic news!